RHA COVID-19 Response – Updated May 18, 2021
RHA has been monitoring information and guidance released about COVID-19 and is taking measures to protect our clientele and staff. We understand the hardships the pandemic has brought to our communities and are dedicated to continuing to provide essential housing services in a safe manner.
RHA is currently implementing procedural changes including:
- Closing office locations to walk-in traffic. Appointments can be made for in-person meetings when necessary. RHA prefers to handle business remotely when possible and staff can be contacted by phone, email, fax, US mail or office drop.
- Limiting entry into occupied homes when feasible. Staff will utilize RHA COVID-19 protocols including wearing masks and social distancing when entering occupied units.
- Screening individuals for COVID-19 symptoms as necessary to determine that individuals are not presenting symptoms while conducting in-person business with RHA.
- Utilizing technology including teleconferencing and video conferencing to carry out essential tasks safely including meetings and inspections.
- Offering expanded online reporting and rent payment capacities. Public housing residents wishing to set up a new account should contact their Property Manager for an account number.
- Altering staff schedules and locations when necessary to limit COVID-19 concerns.
Staff may conduct business remotely to ensure that RHA’s essential business continues safely. Updated information, forms, and policies are provided on RHA’s website, www.rhaonline.com.
- RHA business, general inquiries, and public housing should be directed to (919) 831-8300 and firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Section 8 department can be reached directly at (919) 508-1105 and email@example.com.
Residents are reminded that they are responsible for paying their rent in accordance with their Lease Agreement. Households experiencing hardships are encouraged to report a change of status and contact their property manager to discuss any further options that could benefit them. RHA is working with residents who report a loss of income or hardship due to COVID-19 during these difficult times and hardships are reviewed on a case-by-case basis.
Please call or email your Property Manager if you are ill, have been exposed to the COVID-19 or are exhibiting symptoms including a cough, fever, or shortness of breath. Per current recommendations, please stay home and self-isolate if you are ill, have been exposed to COVID-19, or are exhibiting associated symptoms. RHA will accommodate you and address your needs in a safe manner.
Everyone is encouraged to lower the chances of contracting COVID-19 by assessing your risk, practicing good hygiene, and following recommended guidance from reputable health agencies. Safety precautions are subject to change as more information becomes available.