RHA Coronavirus Response
The Raleigh Housing Authority (RHA) is actively monitoring information released about coronavirus (COVID-19) and is taking precautionary measures to protect both our clientele and staff. These precautions are based on guidance issued by reputable agencies including the Centers for Disease Control.
RHA is implementing temporary procedural changes including:
- Closing office locations to the public until further notice. RHA staff can be contacted by phone, email, fax, US mail or office drop box. General contact information is below.
- Postponing and rescheduling meetings, inspections and home visits. Written notice of new meeting dates will be issued via US Mail once they are rescheduled.
- Entering occupied homes only when necessary for urgent/emergency situations. Additional questions may be asked to determine it is safe for staff to enter.
- Using technology including teleconferencing and video conferencing to carry out essential tasks safely.
- Increasing online rent payment capacities for public housing to increase remote payment options. Residents wishing to set up a new account should contact their Property Manager for an account number.
- Altering staff schedules and locations as necessary to practice social distancing.
Staff will conduct business remotely to ensure that RHA’s essential business continues safely. Updated information, forms, and policies are provided on RHA’s website, www.rhaonline.com.
- RHA business, general inquiries, and public housing should be directed to (919) 831-8300 and firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Section 8 department can be reached directly at (919) 508-1105 and email@example.com.
Please call or email your Property Manager if you are ill, have been exposed to the coronavirus, or are exhibiting symptoms including a cough, fever, or shortness of breath. RHA will accommodate you and address your needs in a safe manner.
Rent payments can be made via on site drop boxes and on the Zego website (formerly PayLease). Residents experiencing hardships due to the coronavirus should contact their Property Manager to discuss their current situation.
Everyone is encouraged to lower the chances of contracting the coronavirus by assessing your risk, practicing good hygiene, and following recommended guidance from reputable health agencies. Safety precautions are subject to change as more information becomes available.
For more information see the links below: