RHA Coronavirus Response
The Raleigh Housing Authority (RHA) is taking precautionary measures to protect clientele and staff during the coronavirus pandemic. RHA is implementing temporary procedural changes including:
- Closing the Agency until further notice. Staff will continue to conduct essential business as necessary during this time.
- Postponing and rescheduling meetings, inspections and home visits. Written notice of new meeting dates will be issued via US Mail once they are rescheduled.
- Entering occupied homes only when necessary for urgent/emergency situations. Additional questions may be asked to determine it is safe for staff to enter.
- Using technology including teleconferencing and video conferencing to carry out essential tasks safely.
- Increasing online rent payment capacities for public housing to increase remote payment options. Public Housing residents wishing to set up a new account on Zego (formerly PayLease) should contact their Property Manager for an account number.
The following contacts will be checked periodically during the Agency closure:
- Messages regarding RHA business, general inquiries, and public housing should be directed to (919) 831-8300 and email@example.com.
- Messages regarding the Section 8 department should be directed to (919) 508-1105 and firstname.lastname@example.org.
Residents are reminded that they are responsible for paying their rent in accordance with their Lease Agreement. Those experiencing hardships due to the coronavirus should contact their Property Manager to discuss their current situation. Residents who are ill, have been exposed to the coronavirus, or are exhibiting symptoms including a cough, fever, or shortness of breath should leave a message for their Property Manager.
Everyone is encouraged to lower the chances of contracting the coronavirus by assessing your risk, practicing good hygiene, and following recommended guidance from reputable health agencies. Safety precautions are subject to change as more information becomes available.